• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Books to use in 2014

I TOOK MY CPC EXAM ON 12/14/13 AND I HEARD THAT ONE PERSON ASKED IF SHE
COULD USE HER 2013 BOOKS IF SHE NEEDED TO RETAKE THE TEST AND THE PROCTOR TOLD HER THAT SHE CAN USE THEM UNTIL FEBRUARY, NOW I'M SO CONFUSED PLEASE ADVISE :- /

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You can use the 2013 manuals as long as you want it is just that they suggest you use the current year manuals since there are changes each year. ICD-9 manual is not going to have changes because of ICD-10-CM so don't worry about that one. I don't know why she would say February. Jan. 1 is when the 2014 test starts. If you are ever in doubt call the AAPC to confirm. They are the ones who are in the know because they make the exams. www.AAPC.com
:)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
My suggestion is: instead of calling use the contact form to contact the AAPC. That way you get a written response (email) and you can take it with you to the testing site. Sometimes it appears that different proctors make up their own rules, but if you have a printed out the copy of the email from the AAPC you can show them that you are justified in bringing the books you brought. It is a shame that there is so much confusion and consternation over what books are acceptable... but with so many people answering the question - here, there, and everywhere - it is bound to happen. Alicia is right, the official answer needs to be from AAPC.